Child Support

Child support enforcement (CSE) services are available to anyone who is the custodial parent (CP) or guardian of a child under the age of 18 years old.  To receive child support services, the CP or guardian must simply complete an application.  Recipients of Work First Family Assistance (WFFA) or Medicaid will automatically be referred to the child support unit and must cooperate with child support or possibly lose these benefits.  Child support offers five types of assistance:

  • Location of the non-custodial parent
  • Paternity establishment
  • Establishment of a support order
  • Collection and distribution of support
  • Enforcement of the support order