How to Enroll in WIC

To Apply for the WIC Program:

Call the WIC office to make an appointment:


Walk-in Services Available Most Days


What will I need?

You must be able to provide proof of identification, residence (where you live), and household income.

Examples of what you will need to bring include:

Identification (only one is needed): 

  • Valid driver's license/DMV ID card 
  • WIC wallet 
  • Social Security card 
  • Current work/school ID 
  • Current Medicaid card 
  • Current military ID 
  • Birth certificate 
  • Hospital crib card (for infants only) 
  • Passport 
  • Immunization record (for infants and children only) 
  • Insurance card/policy 
  • Bill or paycheck in your name (less than or equal to 60 days old) 
  • Voter registration card

Residence (only one is needed): 

  • Current Medicaid card 
  • Valid driver's license/DMV ID card 
  • Recent utility bill (less than or equal to 60 days old) 
  • Bank statement 
  • Correspondence from WIC, Division of Social Services, Grad School, or University (less than or equal to 60 days old) 
  • Current rental or mortgage receipt

Income (only one is needed): 

  • Recent paycheck stubs (less than or equal to 30 days old) 
  • Letter from employer stating gross income and frequency of pay 
  • W-2 Forms 
  • Recent tax return (for the self-employed) 
  • Copy of child support check 
  • Foster child placement/award letter 
  • Current Medicaid card 
  • Work First eligibility letter 
  • Food Assistance Program (Food Stamps) notice of eligibility or letter of certification 
  • Unemployment letter/notice

What Happens at a WIC Visit?

  • You will be asked questions about your health and your diet. 
  • Height, weight and a blood test for iron deficiency will be done unless you bring this information from another clinic or doctor's office (measures must be taken within 60 days of your WIC appointment). 
  • A nutritionist will review the above information to see if you are eligible for WIC. 
  • Any nutrition problems or questions you have will be discussed. 
  • Your income information will be reviewed. 
  • If eligible, you will be given "vouchers" to take to the store to get your food.
  • If you need a prescription for yourself or your child, use this form to take to your doctor.