Boards & Committees
Join a Board / Committee
If you are interested in joining the Social Services Board, please fill out an.
Aging Advisory Council--The purpose of the Scotland County Aging Advisory Council is to advocate, communicate, educate and create respect for adults 55 and older. The Aging Advisory Council is a collaborative of all agencies serving older adults and citizen board members.
Laurinburg-Scotland County Crime and Drug Commission--Group of citizens and law enforcement that discuss idea and offer possible solutions to crime and drug issues in the city and county. The group presents the ideas of the group to city and county leaders for consideration.
Scotland County Board of Health--Citizens to provide oversight and to set policy for the Scotland County Health Department and act as the advisors to the commissioners on all matters of health. There are currently a number of vacancies for the Board of Health. The appointees must meet certain criteria for occupations based on North Carolina General Statutes. The vacancies are for the following professions: dentist, veterinarian.
Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC)--This board administers programs aimed at at-risk youth. For more information contact Rogena Deese at 910-474-3079 or email@example.com
Scotland County Board of Zoning Adjustment--This board hears zoning appeals and requests for variances. This is an alternate position for this board.
Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to nursing home Residents' Rights at the local level, to promote community involvement with nursing homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in nursing homes. Members serve for a three year term.
Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee--The purpose of this committee is to work to resolve grievances or problems pertaining to "Adult Care Home Residents' Bill of Rights" at the local level, to promote community involvement with adult care homes and their residents, and to promote community education and awareness of the needs of residents in adult care homes. Members serve for a three year term.
SCATS Transportation Advisory Board--A key role for the Transportation Advisory Board is to review public transportation services, projects and funding with an eye toward whether they are being fairly and equitably distributed to community residents. Specific roles will be subject to the needs and desires of the public transportation agency that serves the community. The TAB focuses on current policy and services while developing plans for the future of public transportation. The contact for this board is April Snead and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-277-2525 ext. 3371.
If you are interested in these vacancies please fill out an application here.
If you have questions about any Boards or Committees listed below contact Clerk to the Board Jason Robinson by email.
Board / Committee Listing
The following is a listing of the Boards and Committees in Scotland County.
- Aging Advisory Council
- Board of Equalization and Review
- Community Access Channel Advisory Board
- Eastpointe Mental Health Board
- Jury Commission
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Drug and Crime Committee
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Laurinburg/Scotland County Board of Adjustment
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
- Nursing Home Advisory Committee
- Lumber River Workforce Development Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Planning Board
- Maxton/Scotland County Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Richmond Community College Board of Trustees
- SCATS Advisory Council
- Scotland County ABC Board
- Scotland County Board of Health
- Scotland County Community Foundation
- Scotland County Fire Commission
- Scotland County Historic Properties Commission
- Scotland County Memorial Library Board of Trustees
- Scotland County Planning and Zoning Board
- Scotland County Recreation Foundation
- Scotland County Social Services Board
- Scotland County Tourism Development Authority
- Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Selective Service Board
- Southeastern Community and Family Services
- Southeastern Economic Development Commission
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Wagram/Scotland County Zoning Board