Adult Health Program
The Adult Health Program offers preventive health, school and work exams for men and women age 18 years and older. Services include the physical exam with indicated lab work, immunization updates according to the North Carolina Immunization Branch, preventive health information, mammogram referrals, and referrals to medical care and community resources as needed.
There is a fee for these services. Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance are not billed.
For additional information or an appointment, call 910-277-2440.
The Health Promotions program provides the community with a physical activity and healthy eating plan to prevent cardiovascular disease through environmental and policy changes where they live, work, play and worship. The program provides screening services at the Senior Center, co-sponsors a Diabetic Support Group and annual Fair with the Scotland Diabetes Center, and participates in health-related community events.
Community Action Plan
Currently, our Community Action Plan consists of:
- Active Community Environment promotion
- Community Diabetic Support Group meetings on the 3 Road Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Dulin Center at the Community Health and Rehabilitation Center at the Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Health Fairs and presentations
- Mini-grant awards to four local churches to initiate healthy changes in their ministries
- Scotland County Employee Wellness
- Scotland County Healthy Carolinians Physical Activity and Nutrition Committee
- Services for seniors at Scotland Place on the 1st Friday of each month. No charge for blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol screening.
- Winners Circle Nutrition program in the Scotland County Schools
Scotland County Health Department and its employees are prohibited from discriminating against clients:
- Because the individual is unable to pay;
- Because payment for those services would be made under Medicare, Medicaid, or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP); or
- Based upon the individual's race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Welcome to Scotland County
Stay connected with your community
Tue Dec. 12
Thu Dec. 14